Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Friday, October 03, 2008

I will Not fall apart!

Everything's going nicely. I've been able to put life's problems in proper perspective (say that fast 5 times!) and go about doing what I can. So this morning's been a bill payer day and happy as a clam that the budget's stretching and bending well enough for now. And then the last bill. Hmm... a little higher than expected. I do my calculations first, and come to the conclusion of what the suspected error is. I make the phone call. Yes, I am being billed for the mistake that someone else made on my account. And there's no proof - just my word... the right key wasn't hit. The funny thing was how I even asked, So is there anything else I need to do? Are you sure it's taken care of? Yes, yes. Go back 2 days later. I realize she didn't take care of the problem and it's past the deadline, so I am the one that needs to look for the proof that she did/didn't do it. Can't find the paper that I folded and stashed as I was running, but I was assured that I would not be charged for the mistake. My exchange would be a straight across deal - no worries. So today I find that I was told wrong - it is not a straight across exchange. I owe for something for absolutely nothing! No product, no credit, no value = nada = zip. Luckily - this time I was told that there is a dispute form (which I had not informed about earlier on the last time I was trying to get the problem fixed). I will dispute. I will hope for mercy. I will suck my tears back in and realize that $112 hurt's, but it's not life threatening. I've seen worse. I still have a chance. Deep breath! S'okay. I made it! The tears didn't get past the ducts. Funny how the "minor" things can bring out the tears, where some major things just make the voice wobble (ya know the kind where you can hear that the tears are going to come - but you have ample time to suck it up, so you don't really cry? Yeah, that.)
All better. At least emotionally. At this point.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM , Blogger Amberlynn said...

    Big hugs and loves for you!!!!
    The secret words we learned to use when they say "It's all ok" are: "Can I get that in writing, please?" We woulda been out thousands of dollars if that wasn't our mantra.

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Lyric said...

    oy! What was that all about?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home