Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

THE NEWS!!!

I was going to have to wait until my lunch break to find out the news - the posting isn't supposed to be up until about 12, which is when my voice lessons are supposed to be.
But I had to call and reschedule and make it later....he asked if I wanted him to spill the beans.....
He said, "You're Ruth!"

I'M RUTH!!!!!!! I did it!!!!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Do you realize this is my FIRST real lead??? I'm SO excited!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for your support! I'm afraid of all of the work it's going to take - but I think it'll come a little bit easier since I'm so familiar with the play! WOW!!!!!
My hands were shaking! Whoo! Breathe! He told me I had some serious competition - I know I did!!! I would have LOVED watching the other girl who was more experienced than me doing it! Her auditions were fabulous! So this was even better than had I just been competing against little inexperienced kids. Wow!!

I've talked with St, the kids, and work about my practice schedule and it seems that it's all going to work just fine - everyone is quite supportive. Rehearsals will begin 9/15 and will be from 5-7. The production will be Nov 13-15, and 18-22. 2 months!!! A ton of work! But luckily, I'm not starting from complete scratch. Hopefully that will help me out!

I'll try to blog about it so I can help you all feel a part of it! I will see what I can do about getting it filmed so I can send a copy of it to you if you want!

I love ya guys!!! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers - but most especially your love! You know, I truly feel humbled by this! I know others could do really well and in some ways better than me! But! I'm finally chosen and wanted! What a great feeling!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM , Blogger Jeanna said...

    Congrats!!!! How exciting is that! You have an amazing voice and I think it's awesome! Congrats!!!

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Mari said...

    way to go...and live out your dreams! you are awesome!

     
  • At 10:16 AM , Blogger Brooke B said...

    Congrats that is awesome!!
    I will have to come watch!

     
  • At 9:07 AM , Blogger Brooke B said...

    I am doing really good.. I don't know if I ever got to talk to you before I moved up to WYOMING. I moved the last week of April but things have been going good so far. No ring.. yet but hopefully sometime soon! :)
    I will have to see is I can make it I am coming November 9th weekend for my sister's 16th birthday.
    I found your blog on Kathryn's blog I am so happy I did!
    I miss you too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home