Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Flit and Flee go the Butterflies in the Tummy!!!!

Quick note because I am SO excited!!!
Auditions for Pirates of Penzance were yesterday. There were at least 60 people there and most everyone there was trying out for 2 or more parts. So it was VERY long!!! (4 hrs!) Luckily it worked well for the kids' schedules. I was really impressed with how much talent was there - and then I was impressed with the people that had the guts to get up there and give it a shot even if they couldn't even find the pitch! I loved it all!
They ended up having the part for Ruth (the lower voiced, silly nurse!) next to last and I felt my "acting" was pretty good even if it didn't sound as nice as I really could do. And I didn't even forget any of the words! Then I stayed on to help sing the chorus part for the Mabel try-outs (the high flighty part... the ha ha ha ha ha part!). And then I thought - WHY NOT?!!! I oughtta do it just for fun and just because I know the part and I'd probably always regret that I passed up the opportunity when I had the chance. So I hopped up there and did it! I just shrugged my shoulders at my voice teacher and went for it. The crazy thing? Ya know the one part that I always slaughter? Doing the scales, and then the High D and the run that goes all over the place? I went for it full throttle and slammed it! I got it beautifully!!! WOW! The best I've ever done! So I lost my breath support on the ha ha ha ha part which bugged me - but who cares? I felt other people would be better on Mabel than me anyway, so it didn't matter. I hadn't bothered practicing this number at all over the last 4 weeks and didn't even go over it in my voice lessons at all. But the lessons have totally helped with what I wanted them to - to get me ready for this audition. When I was leaving, my voice teacher gave me a huge smile and said, "I didn't know you could do THAT!" How cool is that?? So I was really happy with how it went! I was totally excited to just be in the chorus if that's how the cookie crumbles! So many talented people, it's going to be a fabulous production! They can't go wrong with the number of really good people they had audition!

SO.......!!!

YAHOO!!!! I made call backs! I totally wasn't even thinking about call backs yesterday... but this morning it hit me! They always have call backs! So I emailed my voice teacher, but then thought I'd just run over to the theatre dpt and check out the list. There were 3 lists with different time slots... one from 5-7, the other two were for just 1/2 time slots each. The full time list was shorter and had names that I remembered from being the better auditioners.... I'm on the 5-7 list. SO! That means I am in the running for a lead!!! Nerves! Excitement! Nerves! I'm trying to not get my hopes up! In the past I've usually made call backs but don't get anything. I really would be happy to just be in the chorus! It really would be easier on my schedule. But it would SO exciting to get a lead part!!! YEA!!YEA!!YEA!!YEA!! I am happy to just make it to this point! How fun, huh??

WISH ME LUCK!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home