Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Dramatic Exaggerative Auditions

So yesterday I experienced probably my funnest call backs I've ever experienced. The head of the drama dpt was in charge of this one and he's had tons of acting/stage experience, primarily in Shakespeare. So he had us doing some pretty crazy, but fun things! Here are my notes from yesterday's experience:

I find out tomorrow if I get a part.... I think I'm a top contender still. I made good friends with the other girl they're considering for the part. She's awesome - mom of two kids, great voice, silly as all get-out and really sweet! Can't help but love her! Today's auditions were the dramatic acting parts. Gave us the song to "speak" as though we were telling a story. It started off as though it were a story to 2 yr olds and then he'd switch it to some other kind of style - angry, furious, scared, depressed.... I got sad, fairy-like and Dr Suess-like. How fun is that? And then we had to do a Diva Dramatic SCREAM after each verse. It was hilarious! So I did use my huge operatic voice to my advantage!

Then! We had to do a scene where we try to persuade the "cloistered" 21 yr old kid (Frederic who's lived for the last forever many years on a pirate ship) that, even though I am old at 47 that I am beautiful and he should want to marry me! That was really funny because he told the guy (Frederic) he needed to do everything he could to get out the door - and we were to do everything we could to stop him. Very very funny! My guy did get the door opened, but I was doing some major strong arming and blocking!!! I was always pretty good at blocking... (the only thing I could do well in basketball!) And then he had the four of line up in the middle of the room, and he said just because he loved it, he wanted us to do that DIVA scream again sending ourselves into the back corner. It was hilarious! I was very afraid I'd dump myself over the stuff in the way and follow over a chair and into the clothes rack. I made it to the door somehow and ended up kind of huddled and then a look and a hiccup. Don't know where it came from, but... you just do whatever and it's a riot!

Then we went to another room and he had all of the girls do a line up. We each had to do a cheer leader impression stating our names. We hammed it up, although I had the deepest voiced one - it just didn't come out right... Me and this other girl at one point stepped out in front and had to do it again without anyone else doing it. This one I was able to get perkier and sillier! Yea! And then we had to step back behind the line with a few of the other girls that are in the running for Mabel. So I'm taking that for a good sign. And then it was over!

I am completely the over-exaggerated stage character with my acting stuff (hmm.... wonder where I got those BS kind of genes from, eh?? Dad maybe????), so it fits right in with Gilbert & Sullivan! I think I have a good chance at it! Although if this other girl got it, I'd be so happy for her! She'd be fabulous and I would love watching her!

Listings are to be posted by 12:00 tomorrow! We shall see!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger Amberlynn said...

    Those sound like the most fun call backs ever. Any call backs I've ever been to were miserably boring. This should be an awesome director to work for.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home