Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Friday, February 15, 2008

A Colorful Mild Tornado

Yeah, so I feel like I'm the middle of a whirling wind and I'm not quite sure where it's gonna take me - I just know I'm in the midst of change.

Today is my last day at my office at work. I will miss them - they're great people. I am looking forward to the change in my work responsibilities, releasing a lot of pressure. (Mostly my own personal guilt for not doing all of the things I ought to be doing!). I will love working with the people I am joining. My boss's office is pretty much right behind my desk - good thing to see all the good that I do, right? I will begin on Tues since Mon we have off.

And I'm sleepy right now - woke up early when St left to work. Perfect quiet time to write. Gotta wake the kids in a second - although most of this week, they've gotten themselves up. Nice.

I just read my title. Did any of you read it at first thinking it said "tomato?" Was that just because I'm sleepy?

Happy late Valentine's Day to ya'll. Yesterday was a busy day. Just because I had a short time to accomplish the things I wanted to, of course many other little things demanding attention happened at the same time. All were taken care of: Got the office decorated, got payroll posted, got the valentine's finished and distributed, got the spreadsheet reversed, corrected, and re-posted, got the service call in to get our Heat turned back on - and it was done before I left, did our basic ATM reporting and put the service call in to get the front panel fixed so that we could access the necessary items inside (that luckily we can put off til the next day), got the rest of my office items out of the new branch manager's way, and made it to our Valentine's promotion at our Main office on time! That was the first 2 hours of the day. Oh, yes - I also was a little involved in getting our computer system back up and working properly. Whew!

After work, I picked up the kids from lacrosse, dumped 'em off whining about being hungry, ran and got them a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, came back and waited for St to finish getting ready for our date. We exchanged gifts (he got me some comfy jammies! He got an i-tunes gift card and a vase full of silk gerber daisies...white and red.) Then we had sandwiches at Arby's (romantic, eh?) - then he went to a meeting and I went to the gym. We came home and went to sleep.

Tonight I will be helping a friend move and St will be going to the gym. I think we'll try again for that romantic dinner tomorrow night.

And what to do with my extra day off Monday? At this point, my first answer is SLEEP! I oughtta clean up my office - still untouched since the Christmas Tornado hit.

Alrighty time to start the kid tornado of getting up and making it onto the bus!

Woo-ee!!! We're off!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 AM , Blogger Mari said...

    I feel like I'm in that tornado with you.

    Sounds like you had a nice Vday- Arbys CAN be romantic-right?

    Hows are the boys doing in school?
    Do they have girlfriends?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home