Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

So much So little!

So I really wanted to write earlier....now I've forgotten what it was. I'm excited about our snow fall we got! We actually got my favorite floaty fat flakes! It overrides the gloom of the rainy morning. Especially because it decided to get into a bigger dump - I love heavy rains. Then it slushed and then snowed! It's been a pretty great day. Despite bickering kids, husband going out of town for a few days (I need a breather!), and the flat tire that appeared today. I got my tire pressure buzzer going off yesterday - I'm so used to it happening from normal weather changes that I thought I could wait until Monday to go get some more air. A fellow driver pointed it out right after church as we were heading home. We made it to the garage and St changed it over to my spare before he left - so I wasn't too late to my appointment with the bishop. We just chat every once in a while to make sure I'm still alive. He's a really cool guy. (He also said there have been a few requests for me in other positions and he won't let me go -from the YW's - unless I want to.) I think not yet. Interesting that he is apparently letting my choose. I feel like Heavenly Father is letting me be very in charge of myself right now.... either He's testing me or He trusts me - or both. I'm trying to be a good girl and trying to do what I oughtta. Funny how when we don't want to be the ones making decisions about life matters, He makes sure that we do. I can see Him just raising His hands at me and saying, "Don't blame me!" I'm laughing as I say this because it is such my nature to want to blame someone else if I don't like how things are going. I think He wants me to take accountability for my life or something. Just like a loving parent to "torture" their child. Speaking of which- I ought to be torturing my own right now. TV doesn't need to be on, despite what they think!

You know, I was really blessed to have St there to change my tire! St had a couple of opportunities to not be around during that time: he could've worked and earned about $500 today, but he chose to attend church instead. And then he wanted to leave church early to get a head start for his traveling. He's got a new job in conjunction with his current one. Both allowing for flexibility which he values. This one is with a window company - he's learning the install part now and can work into the management area if he would like to. The owners are having him utilize some contacts that he has in the Park City area to see if they can get a foot in the door there. We discussed him leaving so he wouldn't be driving in the dark - especially with the snowfall we're getting. He decided to stay. The blessing about waiting - besides being able to be there to help me - was that the snow stopped within an hour after leaving here. If he'd have left earlier he would have been in snow in some of the worst spots down the I-15. Turns out better to have left later, despite the darkness. I told him he would be blessed and watched out over if he would do what he ought to do - besides he should get his full money's worth by attending all of his church meetings, if we wanted to look at the financial aspects. :)

So it was a nice day. I'll go play Mother now.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger brohammas said...

    O thou lone Utard of the family.
    When are ya'll comin to Philly, we havent had fluffy snow at all this year.
    Seriously, the boys have been here, what about you?

     
  • At 2:35 AM , Blogger Mari said...

    i love the comment you left on my blog about putting the boys on ebay. I got a good laugh about that~!

    The snow in St. George is soo beautiful against the red rocks.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home