Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I MADE it!!!

2008 has me in it! Woo-Hoo!!!!



K - so are ya'll wondering what I did with the rest of that 2007 day #365? Well, let me tell YOU! Not much! Went home and watched a few episodes of "Lost". St is hooked on it - and we have to wait for the DVDs since we don't have that TV station's reception at our house. The funny thing was the DVD just stopped at a random spot as we were chatting - took us a few minutes to figure out it wasn't going to go on. So we checked the DVD for scratches - none. So tried a different DVD. No go. The DVD player went kaput - but the VCR part of it still works. So the 2 of slogged upstairs to the kids' roost. Oh - did I? Yes, I did! Forgot to mention I dropped J off to his buddy's. St did the obligatory (mild) rant about what a mess it is up there and I did the obligatory defensive explanation "typical teens - don't let it get to ya" and we settled in (after I ran back down and up with new batteries for the remote - kid's too lazy to run down & up to change them and we're too lazy to find the right buttons on the machine to push them ourselves!) and watched some more. I did realize how blessed we were to have a 2nd one so that we weren't totally dead in the water. Funny that the VCR side of that machine doesn't work. Way too many wires and wierd sized to get them to work together if I remember right.







Then at 10:30-ish I booked it outta there to meet my friend (whose hubby just wanted to watch sports and was happy to stay at home with the li'l'uns), and we went to our small town version of First Night. The city's Family Party. Lots of teens and families out. So we wandered a little for an hour - were lucky enough to get the last of the hot chocolate at the last place to serve it - and then ran to the car to defrost, watched the fireworks from there and called our hubbies to Wish them Happiness and give smoochies on the mouthpieces. So here's the live chess game we were parked next to and our silly frozen faces....





















We went home from there, and J got home about the same time. We made silly faces at each other for the camera and then we joined Dad and watched the outtakes and deleted scenes from Lost and then hit the sack at about 2:30 am.
















YEA!!!!!!!! So HAPPY WELCOME TO 2008!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home