Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Oh yeah - Happy Heart's Day!

So I usually don't make a fuss over Valentine's Day - nor do I expect anything. We're both of the type where we don't do much for birthdays or anniversaries... Same as it was growing up pretty much. It just happens. I always dreamt I'd at least make a big deal of my kid's birthdays - but poor guys...they're lucky if they get a party! I allow myself to get to busy. So therefore I understand my hubby being the same way and don't freak out - even though sometimes it bugs me.
BUT! I've decided this year that if I want something done, I'll be the one to do it! So I've been doing the 14 days of Valentines for him. Each day he gets a gift with a silly little saying to go with it.
This is what I've done:
Day 1 - I decorated his closet with hearts hanging down from the ceiling.
"My heart's always hanging in there for you"
Day 2 - A pen with a heart that lights up at then end
"You are my heart light"
Day 3 - A pair of scissors
"You're a cut above the rest"
Day 4 - An "I love Lucy" little pocket planner
"Um hmmm - let's make some plans" (And had heart stickers on every special dayalong with the sweet nothings he should say to me every day!)
Day 5 - A store bought can that was filled with candy that said "love buzz" on it.
"You put me on the best kind of high"
Day 6 - A book of love sayings and poetry
"You are the poetry of my life"
Day 7 - A bouquet of sucker hearts and roses
"I'm a total sucker for you"
Day 8 - A soup cup with a red stuffed doggie in it (I gave him a big red stuffed doggie a few years back that I named Lucy)
"Lucy thinks you're soup-er" (yes, he does call me Lucy!)
Day 9 - Valentines day hot sauce with love sayings on the bottles
"Tsss!!! You're hot hot, baby!"
Day 10 - Toy hand cuffs
"Lock me up and throw away the keys! I'm yours all the way!"
Day 11 - A tiny plant of blooming flowers
"My heart blooms for you"
Day 12 - A pair of dice that have "love" things to do on them
"I'll throw in my dice for you... wanna play?"
Day 13 - A heart tin full of coiled papers, each with a reason why I love him
"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."
Day 14 - 2 Wine Glasses and Sparkling Cider
the poem of "Drink to me only with Thine eyes.."

Ahh... how sappy! But it works! He knows he's loved.
And today he asked if I got any gifts from him....? Uh, no? Did you send me something? "I tried..."
YES! That's all I need! The thought does count! He couldn't do much more than that though - he's doing some training that takes him in to the neighboring town 40 min's away every day. Yeah, he coulda prepared in advance, but that's no his way, so I'm not even going to think to expect that out of him. Just niceness and sweetness and that's all I ask.

Oh Happy Hearts Day.
To all of you!
Love me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home