Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Monday, November 07, 2005

The Results! And more....

I know you're all just dieing to know if my costume won the contest or not..... so??
The Categories were:
Best Overall
Most Original
Funniest
Most Outrageous
Best Group

Any guesses which one I got?
If Dad's response of, "that was Weird" is any indication - Yup.... Most Outrageous! That's your related goof-ball for ya! Our best overall was my friend who was Aunt Jemima. She's a blonde, blue-eyed gal. But her get-up was Perfect!
(For some reason I can't post photos here... I'll do another post and show you their costumes....)

The others I wasn't thoroughly impressed with - Our Irish guy put on his Tartan cap that has red hair attached to it with his knickers

and he got the Original and one of our techies was a nerd again - but this time his tight V-neck sweater and bald cap with hair fringe won it for him for the Funniest.

I'm just the believer in being totally immersed into the season. Believe me - you have a lot of fun when you do!!!
K - off my soap box now.

This weekend was pretty good. St and I went out to dinner Friday and were too tired to go see a show. Saturday we enjoyed cleaning as a family - Charlie mowed the lawn (and is laughing at little brother not being able to start the mower in one yank....one year is a HUGE difference in muscle development in boys!!!!), J vacuumed the garage, I cleaned up my sewing mess off the kitchen table produced the carpet again in my closet, St cleaned the attic out and found that his sweat shirts now fit the boys. Crazy to think Ch will fit in his dad's clothes in the not-too-distant future! And St is willing to share his clothes too. It's cute! Charlie did inherit some of Dad's shoes now that they're the same size!!!! AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we treated the boys to see March of the Penguins at the $1 Theatre. Ch wasn't too impressed, but the rest of us enjoyed it. Da babies are SO cute!!!! They are really weird creatures, though! Shall I be one next Halloween??
Then Sunday was really really nice! Our Bish is not the most talkative guy - but he took 20 minutes during Testimony meeting, with good reason. He and his wife went on a resort vacation in the Cayman (sp?) Islands this last month, looking forward to a relaxing week. Yup, you guessed it! Got caught in the hurricanes! They moved the hotel guests into a "shelter" which was a school with the top half of which were only wooden shutters, were only allowed to take a small pack with them, and got "forgotten" one night - four days sleeping on cement floors, no showers and very poor restroom facilities with over 300 other people! They were one of the few that were prepared with a little food and water. He bore his testimony of being personally prepared to meet your Savior EVERY DAY!!! And then strongly reiterated the need to follow the Prophet's words of completing the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. He had everyone's rapt attention. The rest of the testimonies were very solid and uplifting. In Sunday School we discussed Faith and Prayer to improve Family Relationships. In YW's I finally have my new Beehive Presidency in and only 8 girls now that we've had a bunch of birthdays taking my older girls away. They are a great group of girls. We are going to be working on helping 2 of our less-active girls come to Class and Activities. I really hope and pray that we can be an influence for good on these girls! I do love them! We're getting ready for our Night of Excellence, too. Busy busy. Good good.
I love progression and seeing the pathway open up and get brighter as we move forward! It's very motivating!
I love my friends and family that help me accomplish that progress through their love and words of encouragement! (It was wonderful to talk to Mom and Dad yesterday and hear their enthusiasm and optimism!)

All in all, life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home