Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Poison - HA ha, ha Haaaa!


Poison Ivy that is! For Halloween.
Odd reacations.... Overall it was greatly appreciated in a huge variety of ways.
"What are you?"
Guesses were: A tree, Mother Nature, A fairy? Only a small percentage got it right!
"You carry that off well...not too many people could do that costume."
"You look lovely in that."
"You look creepy."
"Your costume is shocking."
"I had a costume, but it didn't squeeze me like that."
"Can I take your picture?"
"You're scarey."



I love dressing up for Halloween! I love to see everyone's creativity exhibited! It's gotta be my favorite Holiday.... I never grew out of loving dress-ups. When else can you totally let your guard down without anyone totally freaking out - judgements are relaxed and it's all fun. Strangers talk to each other and appreciate each other. You get an excuse to eat all sorts of junk, and get little bits of just about everything! The season is changing and so many new fresh smells in the air.... There is nothing like fall! The crisp cool air, the warm scents of newly kindled fireplaces, the multi-colored leaves still hanging on with the last of their strength to the branches that bore them before being released to the world, the hussle and bussle and preparation for a long cool slumber. It's invigorating.

I got to paint faces this year, too. St was his Skeleton in the Tux. Charlie was a Dark Rider from Lord of the Rings, but he didn't wear his black covered face hood - he chose to have me paint his face as a skeleton and color hair-spray his hair. He got 3 opportunities to dress up: band concert, Halloween party at a friend's, and Halloween! Jarrod was a Dementor from Harry Potter and did wear his masked hood. I did get to paint his face once as a scarey clown with which he wore an afro wig. It was quite funny!! That was for our Young Women's dress-up scavenger activity that he tagged along with. So last night was great! We're always about 30-45 min late for our trunk or treat since I get off work too late. So I'd had enough face painting practice that Charlie's face only took 10 minutes and it was probably one of the best paint jobs yet this year. I enjoyed that. Our friend was watching me do it and said I missed my calling in life... Yes, that would be a job I'd really enjoy - to do stage make-up! I think I could do prety good. It's something I haven't really thought about - but I could add that to my dream careers list. Oh, yes - I got to paint our SuperGirl's face, too - in which she got compliments. It was just glittering liners of red, blue, and gold. Quite fun! Yes - I do enjoy painting faces!!!!

The boys trick or treated with friends and I for once did not worry about them - just that they treated all the other mini trick or treaters with respect and were nice to them. I tell them not too push...that's the thing that really gets my dander up with the running around! Kids' manners are shot to pieces with their greed. I've been known to chew a few kids out for doing that.

So now we're onto the recuperating side of Halloween and planning on what to do for next year. Hey! That would be another fun career! A Halloween Costume Planner! Call or write me for some ideas... Do you want an easy, throw-it-together deal? Do you want to be scarey, pretty, recognizable, completely disguised, elaborate, simple, matching with others? Hmm.... that would be fun!

I would love to see pic's of everyone else's Halloween photos and hear your tales of Haunting the Hoods! What are Halloween's like in your respective states?

I hope your Tricks were cool and your Treats were tastey!
Until Next Year....

Happy Boos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home