Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ahhh!!! Run in circles and jump up and down!!!!

I was SOOO excited!!!
OK! Live music is so much better than tapes!
Well, I couldn't find any friends who were available Tues night to go to a concert with me, so I talk J (he's 11) into going with me. He loves silly things and I promised him he would enjoy it.
So I got to see the KING'S SINGERS live!!!! (And I only had to pay $27 for both J and me!!!) They came HERE to our small little community! Crazy! YEA!!!!
It started off with some Madrigal-ish stuff - so J rolled his eyes at me and put his head on shoulder to doze a little. But then! They did a longer piece that told the story of sailors going to wreck, their dire promises, and then being saved and their celebration. J started to enjoy it more at that point. They next did a # called Time Piece. It was SO funny!!!! It was a retelling of the Creation and Adam & Eve and what really caused all their friction was that Adam got a wristwatch. It started with the sounds the universe would make as it was being created - just musical "noise", and then they started interjecting "cuckoo clock", "pendu - tick!", "shock proof, water proof, dig-i-tal", etc. It was just hilarious. J loved it.
Then at intermission I finally got my own copies of New Day and the English Madrigals that I grew up listening to. I'm so grateful to my big sis for allowing me to tag along after her, because if it wasn't for her interest in music I don't know if I'd've found all the really good stuff I love - like the King's Singers!!! (How's that for a good run-on sentence??) I guess during that point J was in the hallway when the bass singer poked his head out of the backstage door and said HI to him. He thought that was awesome. So the rest of the concert was their more popular style music that J really enjoyed. And then the really fun part!!!!! They all came out to sign their CDs - so J and I each got a CD signed by each of the 6 men. They were so nice and humble and down to earth. Their newest member is only 26 and he's been there for 2 years! WOW!!! What hugely great talent they all have!!
I was actually so glad to have brought J. I just wanted to show him that it really can be cool to be a guy, sing, and be silly. He is my silly boy and he just comes up with some of the goofiest things sometimes! He's got this walk he does that cracks me up. He tucks his lower lip under his front teeth and sticks his neck out, pulls his arms into chicken wings letting his hands loose to flap, sticks his tail end out and walks completely flat footed so that his feet slap the floor - all the while rolling his eyes. Where in the world did he come up with this? Sometimes I'll walk in the house when he doesn't know I'm there and it will sound like a jungle - the high screeching monkey screams, girl shrieks, and the like on a very loud and long stint. Just to entertain himself and hear what kinds of sounds he can make. What a nut!!!! He is his father's child! I really hope that this concert can influence him to take a higher interest in singing - I'd love for him to get into drama, plays, singing and the like. He is doing quite well on the clarinet and I'm grateful for that.
So that was a great night. I hope I always remember it! I hope J does too! He got to see me be silly excited and he just smiles indulgently at me. I love my snuggly baby!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM , Blogger Amberlynn said...

    How awesome is that!
    I also went to a concert last night with my Hubby. It was Neena Freelon (great grammy winning jazz singer) and a modern dance company called Evidance doing a show called "The once and Future Life of Billie Holiday."

    It was SO fun to out with my boy. We'll have to make a point of doing it more often.

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Blogger Amberlynn said...

    Your halloween costume was incredible!
    I want to hear all about how the day went...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home