Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Post Portland

Ahh, much better! Change of scenery works wonders! I've been pretty busy and tired since then, but the attitude is much improved. Not all of life's problems are fixed yet, but some progress has been made. That's encouraging!
School is going well so far - it's great to see my #2 just dive into it headfirst and enjoying it! His favorite classes are math and teacher's advisory (basically "play time"). J has the same teacher for both of these and he was also Ch's math teacher last year. Funny thing is that Ch has him again this year, but now for Utah history. Ch struggled in math, but I think he'll enjoy the history class. I was very grateful to hear the teacher's attitude that history should be enjoyed - so if all the kids like one subject, they'll just sit on it for a while and study it more and more. Cool! So I hope that Ch really does enjoy it - it's one subject I wish I'd enjoyed more when I was taking it because I appreciate it a lot more now! The teacher also said all the work should be able to be done in class, and the kids really shouldn't have very much homework at all! YEA!!!!! (Homework still means a lot of my time right now.... school is not made for both parents working full time!) - Mom's should (be able to) stay home! Oh well!
Ch got more brackets in his mouth - so exciting! And J doesn't have to have another check-up for 6 mo's - we might get away without braces for this kid! The Dr thinks I should probably get them again - slight underbight...bottom teeth wearing some of the top teeth down. I can feel it now if my jaw is clenched. I should just relax more, right???
Wow - I'm pretty spaced right now. Slight allergies right now make for a drizzly nose and a few extra sneezes....but I learned I'm not gonna take more allergy meds! They knocked me out for the 6 hours it lasted for last Saturday! Luckily I had the time to sleep - even though I felt like a Lazy Lout and drained the rest of the day. I got to go to a movie with St and watch a video with the kidlets and do lots of reading this weekend. This is a pretty good way to fill in time when there's not much energy for output!
Work's been busy with busy work - not a lot of stuff that brings in the big $$s that make the bigwigs happy, but we're okay. St's work has been stressful for him - all the running around and here and there is getting to him. Welcome to management, I say! I'm not missing it. His official Swearing-In is tomorrow night... They get to dress up in their fancies and get the recognition for their new titles - so it should be good.
Ahh. I just remembered the other thing that pre-occupied a lot of my thoughts when we got back. We found out that the 11 yr old son of my YW's 2nd counselor from my last ward was killed in a terrible accident (he was hit by a car on his scooter) on the Friday we left and they had the funeral on Tues when we flew home. He was with 3 of his friends and there was a blind spot where he crossed the road. I can't even imagine what their family is going through! I still need to go visit her - the only thing I can think of to do is hug her and pray for the family and the boys who had to witness that. Life is fragile and precious. I hug my boys tight and am grateful that I have them to be irritated at because they behave that 8 mo old puppy dogs (they both have new bite-marks from yesterday's "playing")!
With that, I'll adjourn. I must think of an activity for the girls to do tomorrow for YW's without me since I'll be at the Swearing-In deal.
Adieu - until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home