Real World Dreamer

Here I (sometimes) creatively compose/expose my thoughts, dreams, nightmares, and most of all my Wishful Thinking I'm so fond of contemplating.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Whirlwind

Friday the 1st ended with an Awesome Firecracker Bang!!!!
(By the way - did I mention in my last note that the boys are in Colorado Springs? Their friends that moved there in Dec. asked if they could come and swipe the boys for a little while during the summer - and the timing worked out perfect to cover for camp. Getting them back here is just a "whenever" thing - it looks like it may even be til the last week of the month! So far the kids have just said, "Yes, Mom we miss you - we don't want to come home." I'm glad they're having fun in a good environment. They're helping with chores and other things and I'm told they're behaving quite nicely. Yea!!! St's been missing them a lot though, he's asked every day for the last 4 days if they've called yet and why they didn't call him on his cell phone! That's cute!)
So I'm ready to leave for work - and St calls me and wants to make sure I'll be there so he can come and see me. Atypical request, but I don't think much about it. He shows up and asks if I notice anything different about him. Uh.... Straight pants today because I didn't pick up the laundry again? (Well, he's smiling so that's not it...and he's standing up really straight!) You got made Sergeant? "How'd you guess?" Really??? REALLY??? YE-EEEES!!! Chief called him in at the end of the day and informed St that someone in higher ranks resigned which opened up spots along the way - and they wanted St to fill in the spot for Sergeant over the motors - starting immediately!!!!!!! He got his badge right then and there!!! WOW!!! We really didn't think that it would happen until the end of the year at the soonest!!! If he'd've been promoted during the last whirlwind of hires a few weeks ago, he wouldn't have gotten the Motors spot! This is his Ideal Position right now!!! We're so excited! So Saturday he finished out his Patrol duties and Sunday we set up his office. Then Monday he got to start his new shift - Back to Normalcy!!!! M-F 8-4!!! So many good things about this!!! Social life in the evenings, work out together in the evenings, Family Home Evenings, *Availability to go to Church*!!! So Good!!! Heavenly Father just likes to help us learn patience and faith and that if we keep plugging away with doing the right thing, the blessings will follow! If He sees we're trying to do our part to keep the commandments, He'll open doors to help us do so when it seems almost impossible!
WOW!
Then yesterday was quite fun! We had an impromptu party at our place for the 4th! St's friends that he rides motorcycles with didn't have plans so we decided we'd have a BBQ at our place - so one of the girlfriend's and I went shopping and spent the afternoon doing all the food and then everyone came over and we ate and watched fireworks (and the fires that got set on the grounds the fireworks even after wetting all the grounds down prior!) from the balcony. It was quite enjoyable, I think everyone had a good time. We missed the boys, though - but we know they're having fun.
Tonight, St is giving a presentation to the Scouts in our ward, then he's helping me do a slideshow of all the Camp Pictures for the girls tonight...we'll also give out the rest of the awards for those that had to leave early, as well as the left-over goodies. Tomorrow I just remembered I have a hair apt and am disappointed I'll miss Cuz Shari driving through town, unless she stops by later. Friday night we'll watch some movies with some friends and Saturday is my work Summer Party that St can go to now! I am SO excited to have him on my schedule again! That, to me, is even better than the pay raise (which isn't too much anyway!).
Life is good. We are rich with many blessings!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM , Blogger Amberlynn said...

    HURRAY!

    p.s. do you want to update your links (on the sidebar on the right)?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home